How Does Drug Treatment Work? And Benefits of Inpatient Drug Treatment
Programs, services, and treatments vary. We Level Up FL is a primary mental health center offering co-occurring treatments. We treat the entirety of behavioral health disorders including their secondary corresponding illnesses to improve long-term recovery outcomes. Get a free mental health assessment and find out what treatment options are most suitable for you. Depending on the extent of secondary behavioral disorders such as addiction we can first help assess your condition and thereafter guide you to suitable treatment options.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient drug treatment consists of clients who reside at a rehabilitation facility 24/7 while receiving structured care for their drug abuse. Trained clinicians will evaluate a person’s needs to help guide them to a suitable level of care. For example, an individual taking substances with the potential for more critical withdrawal symptoms or who struggles with ongoing emotional, behavioral, or cognitive problems may be recommended for a medically managed inpatient drug rehab.
Our treatment team will evaluate your physical health, mental health, and chemical use history in order to design an individualized treatment plan for you. With your permission, our rehab team may also talk with your family members and consult with professionals you might already be working with to address your needs and challenges.
Clinicians May Consider Inpatient Drug Treatment If:
- Substance misuse has been a long-standing problem
- A person lives with people who are actively using substances
- There is potential for more severe withdrawal symptoms
- A person has underlying medical conditions
- Struggles with ongoing emotional, behavioral, or cognitive problems
- A person has co-occurring mental health disorders
Drug abuse changes the function of the brain, and many things can “trigger” drug cravings within the brain. It’s critical for those in treatment, especially those treated at an inpatient facility, to learn how to recognize, avoid, and cope with triggers they are likely to be exposed to after treatment. This is according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) .
Inpatient Drug Treatment Providers
For inpatient drug treatment, clients participate in the intensive group and individual therapy throughout their treatment. Family counseling and psychiatric sessions are frequently offered. Also, there is also treatment for any other co-occurring medical or mental health conditions. A frequent comorbid condition of drug addiction is alcoholism.
Education on life skills such as nutrition, self-care, and vocational skills are often part of long-term programs curriculums. Also, relapse prevention and continuing sobriety support are part of most inpatient or residential programs.
Addiction is a disease that affects your body, mind, and spirit. Therefore, we bring a multidisciplinary team together to provide you with a holistic healing plan. Your licensed team members for inpatient drug rehab may include:
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
- Licensed addiction counselors
- Wellness and fitness specialists
- Continuing care coordinators
- Financial advocates
- Clinical case managers
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Treatment Programs
Inpatient drug treatment encourages clients to focus on their recovery by removing outside distractions and fully immersing them in the process of getting well. Moreover, We Level Up Florida’s holistic approach at our inpatient facilities provides 24/7 medical supervision, clinical treatments, spiritual, education, family, and other services to effectively heal the physical, mental and emotional damage caused by addiction.
Other Beneficial Components of Inpatient Drug Rehab Include:
- Structured Environment: Inpatient programs keep clients busy and focused on recovery.
- Evidence-Based Treatment: Evidence-based treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Round-The-Clock Support: 24/7 attention from our recovery support team offers invaluable peace of mind.
- Support Systems: Support from our team to explore your next steps in the recovery process. Support systems such as alumni support and aftercare support a are few examples.
- 24/7 Medical Team: With 24/7 medical supervision and nursing support, we ensure our clients are always safe and comfortable.
- 12-Step Curriculum: Our immersive 12-Step program includes meeting attendance, step work & helping others. Such as AA (Alcoholic Anonymous) and NA (Narcotics Anonymous).
- Spirituality: Clients regain a sense of purpose and connection by tapping into a power greater than themselves.
- Family Therapy & Couples Counseling: We believe in treating the whole family. Therefore, family therapy, counseling sessions, and educational workshops are crucial pillars of our treatment program.
- Art & Music Therapy: Art & Music Therapies provide clients the opportunity to express themselves in a creative, healing manner. Also, there is evidence that art-based interventions are effective in reducing adverse physiological and psychological outcomes.
- Fitness Center: Physical fitness, exercise, and wellness, such as yoga, basketball, and table tennis, are important components of restoration to health and happiness.
- Chef Prepared Meals: Nutritious food can help clients deal with the physical challenges of withdrawal.
What to Look For In a Residential Drug Treatment Facilities?
A solid residential drug treatment program will provide 24/7 medical supervision to support a safe detoxification process. Residential rehab will also help you learn how to manage your addiction without temptation and build a toolbox to support your new skills throughout the remainder of your recovery journey. Also, for residential drug treatment to be successful, certain elements must be included in the program. These include:
- Evidence-based clinical practices
- Around-the-clock supervision
- Research-based treatment
- Healthy nutrition
- Safety precautions
- Medical detox
- Behavioral therapy
- Comfortable surroundings
- Relapse prevention programs
- Post-treatment preparation and support
What Happens In Inpatient Drug Rehab?
Although treatment options for drug addiction may differ, inpatient treatment programs typically consist of the following separate stages
While not all inpatient drug treatment facilities use the same admission process, this phase is likely to involve discussing your treatment options with a professional. The goal of the admission process is to evaluate the client’s needs and develop a customized plan. During admission, the treatment professional might perform comprehensive assessments and testing, including medical examinations, psychological assessments, and psychosocial evaluations.
The physical dependence on certain substances, such as heroin and prescription opioids, is connected with markedly unpleasant and potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms. Safe medical detox administered at an inpatient drug treatment facility can help ease these symptoms and benefit many individuals struggling with drug abuse. Moreover, whether the client needs medically assisted detox and the exact medications provided will depend on the type of substance being abused and the severity of the addiction.
The next stage in drug addiction treatment is rehab. During this stage, the client undergoes a treatment program carefully tailored to their specific needs. For example, the rehabilitation phase may include individual behavioral therapy, family and group therapy, treatment for co-occurring disorders, faith-based treatment options, holistic treatment, and many other treatment options depending on the facility.
Addiction recovery is a lifelong process. Before a client leaves an inpatient drug treatment facility, they may review aftercare options with the treatment professionals. While the particular components of aftercare may differ depending on the client’s needs, post-rehab individual and group therapy sessions may assist the client in returning to their daily life and increase their chances of achieving long-term recovery. Aftercare may include 12-step groups, individual counseling and therapy, sober living, and more.
Find the Help You Need
Helping yourself or a loved one should be achieved without sacrificing comfort and safety.
Inpatient medical detox and residential primary addiction treatment may be available at our affiliated facility at Level Up West Palm Beach Rehab. For some primary behavioral health treatment clients, medical detox and or addiction rehab may be required first. If you have a co-occurring severe substance abuse diagnosis, please contact us prior to beginning inpatient mental health therapy. Treatment services may vary. Please call us to learn which treatment options are most suited for your individual needs.
 NIDA – https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction