8 Prayers for Anxiety and Depression That Provide Calmness
Depressive and anxious feelings are detrimental from the inside out, despite the fact that we may be skilled at hiding and masking them. We can fight depression and anxiety by praising God and casting our cares on Him. Keep reading to discover prayers for anxiety and depression for various occasions and circumstances.
Difference Between Anxiety and Depression – Prayer for Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety and depression difference: The fact that one term denotes a single sickness while the other denotes a collection of ailments is a significant distinction between anxiety and depression. What is the difference between anxiety and depression? The main difference between depression and anxiety is:
- In reality, depression is one illness. There are numerous distinct symptoms (see below). And different people may experience it very differently. However, the term “depression” only refers to one illness.
- The word “anxiety” can indicate a number of different things. We all experience anxiety occasionally, and the word “anxiety” can be used to simply describe that feeling. However, when we use the word anxiety in a medical context, it actually refers to anxiety disorder
Some less frequent conditions are included under anxiety. These include panic disorders and phobias. However, generalized anxiety disorder is the most prevalent (GAD). In the US, a generalized anxiety disorder may affect four to five out of every 100 persons. In this post, we’ll concentrate on generalized anxiety.
What is Anxiety Disorder?
Periodic anxiety is a normal component of life, according to The National Institute on Mental Health. When faced with a challenge at work, before a test, or before making a crucial decision, you could experience anxiety. However, anxiety disorders involve more than just passing apprehension or terror.
- Difference Between Anxiety and Depression – Prayer for Anxiety and Depression
- Anxiety Fact Sheet
- Anxiety and Depression Statistics
- How Can A Prayer for Anxiety and Depression Help Provide Relief and Calm?
- 8 Prayers For Anxiety and Depression
- Catholic Prayer For Anxiety And Depression: Place your cares in the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- 365 Days Of Prayer For Depression & Anxiety
- We Level Up Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Do Crystals For Depression Work?
- Depression and ADHD: What’s the Link?
- Autism and Depression Connection, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Signs of Depression in Men, Causes, & What to Know
- Rehab for Depression & Anxiety Treatment
- What is the Best SSRI for Anxiety?
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Grounding Techniques for Anxiety Attacks
- Mental Health Poems that are Powerful and Healing
- Short-Term Disability Mental Health
Anxiety and depression difference: It’s critical to get anxiety treatment as soon as you can since, for someone with an anxiety condition, the anxiety does not go away and can actually worsen over time. The symptoms might affect daily tasks like work performance, academic progress, and interpersonal connections. Generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and various phobia-related disorders are only a few of the several types of anxiety disorders.
Anxiety and depression difference: People with a generalized Anxiety disorder (GAD) display excessive Anxiety or worry, most days for at least 6 months, about many things such as personal health, work, social interactions, and everyday routine life circumstances. Fear and Anxiety can cause significant problems in areas of their life, such as social interactions, school, and work.
What is Depression?
Depression (also known as Major Depressive Illness or Clinical Depression) is a common but significant mood disorder, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. It produces severe symptoms that interfere with your ability to function on a daily basis, including sleeping, eating, and working. The signs of depression must last for at least two weeks before a diagnosis may be made.
Depression treatment is required when depressive symptoms are chronic and do not go away since some types of depression are slightly different or may arise in unusual situations.
Types of Depression
- Persistent depressive disorder (also called dysthymia): is a depressed mood that lasts for at least two years. A person diagnosed with persistent depressive disorder may have episodes of major Depression along with periods of less severe symptoms, but symptoms must last for two years to be considered a persistent depressive disorder.
- Psychotic Depression: occurs when a person has severe depression plus some form of psychosis, such as having disturbing false fixed beliefs (delusions) or hearing or seeing upsetting things that others cannot hear or see (hallucinations). The psychotic symptoms typically have a depressive “theme,” such as delusions of guilt, poverty, or illness.
- Bipolar disorder: is different from Depression, but it is included in this list because someone with bipolar disorder experiences episodes of extremely low moods that meet the criteria for major Depression (called “Bipolar Depression”). But a person with bipolar disorder also experiences extreme high – euphoric or irritable – moods called “mania” or a less severe form called “hypomania.”
- Postpartum Depression: is much more serious than the “baby blues” (relatively mild depressive and anxiety symptoms that typically clear within two weeks after delivery) that many women experience after giving birth. Women with postpartum Depression experience full-blown major Depression during pregnancy or after delivery (postpartum depression). The feelings of extreme sadness, anxiety, and exhaustion that accompany postpartum depression may make it difficult for these new mothers to complete daily care activities for themselves and/or their babies.
- Seasonal affective disorder: is characterized by the onset of Depression during the winter months, when there is less natural sunlight. This Depression generally lifts during spring and summer. Winter Depression, typically accompanied by social withdrawal, increased sleep, and weight gain, predictably returns every year in seasonal affective disorder.
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Centers Near You?
Even if therapy failed previously, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about counseling alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE 24/7 Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Services Hotline
Anxiety Fact Sheet
A mental health condition marked by intense feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that interferes with daily activities. Panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder are a few examples of anxiety disorders.
The inability to put aside worry, restlessness and stress that is out of proportion to the severity of the incident are among the symptoms.
Counseling or medicine, including antidepressants, are used as forms of treatment.
- Behavioral: hypervigilance, irritability, or restlessness.
- Cognitive: lack of concentration, racing thoughts, or unwanted thoughts.
- Whole body: fatigue or sweating
- Also common: anxiety, excessive worry, angor animi, fear, insomnia, nausea, palpitations, or trembling
- Support group: A place where those pursuing the same disease or objective, such as weight loss or depression, can receive counseling and exchange experiences.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: A conversation treatment that aimed to change the negative attitudes, actions, and feelings connected to psychiatric discomfort.
- Counseling psychology: A subfield of psychology that handles issues with the self that are connected to work, school, family, and social life.
- Anger management: To reduce destructive emotional outbursts, practice mindfulness, coping skills, and trigger avoidance.
- Psychoeducation: Mental health education that also helps individuals feel supported, validated, and empowered
- Family therapy: psychological counseling that improves family communication and conflict resolution.
Anxiety and Depression Statistics
It’s critical to understand the distinction between anxiety and depression. Anxiety, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worry, whereas depression, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worthlessness and hopelessness. It is conceivable for someone to experience depression and anxiety simultaneously.
GAD affects 6.8 million adults or 3.1% of the U.S. population, yet only 43.2% are receiving treatment.
Source: National Institute on Mental Health
19 million adults experience specific phobias, making it the most common anxiety disorder in America.
Source: ADAA, 2020
Major depressive disorder affects approximately 17.3 million American adults or about 7.1% of the U.S. population aged 18 and older.
Source: National Institute of Mental Health
How Can A Prayer for Anxiety and Depression Help Provide Relief and Calm?
People who are suffering from depression in today’s world need our prayers. Nearly everyone occasionally struggles with depression. There are things we can all do to help ourselves feel better, yet when depression is severe or persistent, trained medical doctors should be called. The possibility of praying for depression is always there.
In today’s world, it can be very easy to give up since it can appear that all is lost, nothing good is happening, and there is no way out of the chaos. But show bravery! God uses evil for good and has a plan.
Do not forget that if you are depressed, you are not alone. God is always there for you. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with people in your social network, church, or family. Ask them to pray with you and for you as you continue to pray daily, asking God to draw you closer to Himself.
How To Pray When You’re Depressed?
Even under the greatest circumstances, prayer can be challenging, but it can be especially challenging while feeling nervous or depressed. Most of us struggle to focus during these times, feel as though God is far away, and lose hope that He would listen to us or act on our behalf. Because of everything, praying is challenging and demoralizing.
How can we pray more easily and with greater encouragement during such gloomy and unsettling times? When you’re stressed or depressed, these five words will help you do your prayer when depressed:
- Short: One minute of sincere, focused prayer is preferable to fifteen minutes of scattered, aimless prayer.
- Frequently: To stay in touch with God throughout the day, try praying these little prayers. Consider using your phone to set an hourly timer.
- Simple: Pray to your loving father as you would a hurting child. Complex theological compositions are not necessary.
- Use the words God has given you in the Lord’s Prayer, the Psalms, or Paul’s petitions when you are at a loss for words.
- Together: When you are unable to pray for yourself, ask someone to join you in prayer. Maybe they can pray with you on the phone, and you can approach God’s throne of grace riding on their words.
8 Prayers For Anxiety and Depression
1. Catholic Prayer For Anxiety And Depression: Place your cares in the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Heart of Mary, Mother of God, our Mother, Heart most like the Heart of Jesus, ever compassionate towards our miseries,—thaw our icy hearts, and change them to the likeness of the Heart of Jesus. Be the road leading to Jesus; be the channel whereby we receive all graces needful for our salvation.
Be our help in need, our comfort in trouble, our strength in temptation, our refuge in persecution, our aid in dangers; but mostly in the last struggle of our life, at the moment of our death.
How great is the sweetness of your Mother’s Heart, and the power of your might with Jesus’ Heart, opening to us in the very fount of mercy itself a safe refuge, that so one day we too may join with you in paradise in praising Jesus’ Heart forever and forever. Amen.
2. Prayer For Depression And Anxiety
Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.
3. A Prayer For Anxiety And Depression
Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. Lord Jesus receive my soul. Receive my soul, dear Jesus, into your holy keeping. Preserve it from all imaginings that may be displeasing to you. Grant that I may awaken in the morning refreshed, purified, and strengthened—able and willing to labor to advance my own salvation and your merciful intentions in regard to myself, to others, and to you. Amen.
4. Prayer Against Anxiety And Depression
My Lord and my God: into your hands I abandon the past and the present and the future, what is small and what is great, what amounts to a little and what amounts to a lot, things temporal and things eternal.
End the Emotional Pain. Get Your Life Back.
Feeling Depressed, Anxious or Struggling with Mental Health Illness? Get Safe Comfortable Mental Health Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Therapy From Counselors That Care. Begin Your Recovery Now.Hotline (855) 940-6125
5. Prayer Against Depression And Anxiety
Heavenly Father, thank You for being an overcoming God! I know I can take heart because You have overcome the world. Empower me to rise above my circumstances. Help me cast my depression on You because You care for me. Give me Your power to overcome. Thank You for giving me the victory! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
6. Prayer For Someone With Anxiety And Depression
Lord, you know me. You made me. You love me. Meet me where I am in this moment. You knew I’d be here. Do what You want with my churning insides and my spinning mind and my blown-up fear. Don’t waste a minute of my anxiety. Heal it. Use it. Change it. Instead of begging for something specific, I give myself to You. What do you want from me and for me? Thank you for understanding me when no one else does and loving me anyway. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
7. Prayer For Someone With Depression And Anxiety
Dear God, help me know You love me. Help me feel Your caring arms around me today, even in the dark. Help me hear Your voice singing over me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
8. Prayer To Overcome Anxiety And Depression
You were a woman of peace.
You brought harmony where there was conflict.
You brought light to the darkness.
You brought hope to the downcast.
May the mantle of your peace cover those who are troubled and anxious, and may peace be firmly rooted in our hearts and in our world.
Inspire us to act justly and to reverence all God has made.
Brigid, you were a voice for the wounded and the weary.
Strengthen what is weak within us.
Calm us into a quietness that heals and listens.
May we grow each day into greater wholeness in mind, body, and spirit.
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Mental Health Services & Behaviroal Health Substance Abuse TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Mental Health Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient Rehab Programs Vary.Mental Health Helpline (855) 940-6125
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Development Events
- Comfortable Onsite Medical Detox Center
365 Days Of Prayer For Depression & Anxiety
365 Days Of Prayer For Depression & Anxiety is a book that contains guided daily prayers for anyone in need of hope and comfort.
Find your peace in God when life’s difficulties overwhelm you and you feel yourself descending into sadness or becoming anxious. Remember that he loves you very much and will be there for you even in your darkest hours.
The daily prayers in 365 Days of Prayer for Depression & Anxiety can assist you in finding the empathy, courage, identity, inspiration, and purpose you require to get through each day. You will get the chance to think more carefully about the hope found in God and in the promises of his Word through sincere prayers, uplifting Scriptures, and thought-provoking questions.
As you live in the love and care of your heavenly Father, start to feel an underlying joy and tranquility.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Mental Health Dual Diagnosis Programs. Complete Integrated Inpatient Rehab with Free Post Discharge Therapy Planning.CALL (855) 940-6125
End the Emotional Pain Rollercoaster. Gain Stability & Happiness Through Recovery Treatment. Start Mental Health Counseling Today. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Behaviroal Health Specialists Who Understand Mental Health Recovery.
We Level Up Dual Diagnosis Treatment
The exact definition of dual diagnosis (also referred to as co-occurring disorders) can differ between institutions. However, it is generally described as the specific treatment of someone who has been diagnosed with a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder at the same time.
Treating dual-diagnosis clients is a critical aspect of our inpatient treatment experience because co-occurring disorders are strongly correlated with instances of substance abuse. Creating a treatment plan that addresses the physical aspects of withdrawal, the psychological connection with drug use, and managing underlying mental health disorders is part of setting clients up for success.
A thorough mental health analysis identifies possibilities for treatment. Meeting with mental health counselors and medical care providers means access to behavioral therapy and medication treatment.
At our dual diagnosis treatment center, We Level Up can implement the highest quality of care. We recognize the fragile complexities of how mental and substance abuse disorders can influence others and sometimes result in a vicious cycle of addiction. That’s why we offer specialized treatment in dual-diagnosis cases to provide the most excellent chance of true healing and long-lasting recovery.
It can be challenging to accept that you may be living with a mental illness, but once it is properly diagnosed and treated, treating the presenting case of substance abuse can be magnitudes easier. Only a properly trained medical professional can diagnose these underlying conditions. If you believe you are suffering from a disorder alongside addiction, we urge you to seek a qualified treatment center to begin your journey to recovery. Call We Level Up today.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to a behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
Search We Level Up Anxiety and Depression Resources
 National Institute of Mental Health – ‘Depression’ (www.nimh.nih.gov)
 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (www.fda.gov/)
 Depression Treatment » Drug Alcohol Addiction Rehab
 Bandelow B, Michaelis S, Wedekind D. Treatment of anxiety disorders. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2017 Jun;19(2):93-107. doi: 10.31887/DCNS.2017.19.2/bbandelow. PMID: 28867934; PMCID: PMC5573566.
 NIMH – https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/social-anxiety-disorder-more-than-just-shyness
 Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors – National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine
 ‘Anxiety Disorders’ – National Institute Of Mental Health (Nimh.nih.gov)
 Psychopharmacology of anxiety disorders – National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine
 Products – Data Briefs – Number 379 – September 2020 (cdc.gov) Depression – National Institute of Mental Health
 Coping with Stress – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention