30 Bible Verses About Depression To Help You Through Your Darkest Hours
Even though we may be adept at covering it up and disguising it, depressive sensations are destructive from the inside out. By praying and putting our worries on God, we can combat depression. Keep reading to discover bible verses about depression for different moments and situations.
Difference Between Anxiety and Depression – Bible Verses About Depression
Anxiety and depression difference: The fact that one term denotes a single sickness while the other denotes a collection of ailments is a significant distinction between anxiety and depression. What is the difference between anxiety and depression? The main difference between depression and anxiety is:
- In reality, depression is one illness. There are numerous distinct symptoms (see below). And different people may experience it very differently. However, the term “depression” only refers to one illness.
- The word “anxiety” can indicate a number of different things. We all experience anxiety occasionally, and the word “anxiety” can be used to simply describe that feeling. However, when we use the word anxiety in a medical context, it actually refers to anxiety disorder.
Some less frequent conditions are included under anxiety. These include panic disorders and phobias. However, generalized anxiety disorder is the most prevalent (GAD). In the US, a generalized anxiety disorder may affect four to five out of every 100 persons. In this post, we’ll concentrate on generalized anxiety.
What is Anxiety Disorder?
Periodic anxiety is a normal component of life, according to The National Institute on Mental Health. When faced with a challenge at work, before a test, or before making a crucial decision, you could experience anxiety. However, anxiety disorders involve more than just passing apprehension or terror.
- Difference Between Anxiety and Depression – Bible Verses About Depression
- Anxiety Fact Sheet
- Anxiety and Depression Statistics
- How Can Bible Verses For Depression Provide Relief and Calm?
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses for Depression and Hopelessness – Bible Verses For Anxiety And Depression
- Bible Verses About Anxiety And Depression
- Best Bible Verses For Depression
- We Level Up Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Do Crystals For Depression Work?
- Depression and ADHD: What’s the Link?
- Autism and Depression Connection, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Signs of Depression in Men, Causes, & What to Know
- Rehab for Depression & Anxiety Treatment
- What is the Best SSRI for Anxiety?
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Grounding Techniques for Anxiety Attacks
- Mental Health Poems that are Powerful and Healing
- Short-Term Disability Mental Health
Anxiety and depression difference: It’s critical to get anxiety treatment as soon as you can since, for someone with an anxiety condition, the anxiety does not go away and can actually worsen over time. The symptoms might affect daily tasks like work performance, academic progress, and interpersonal connections. Generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and various phobia-related disorders are only a few of the several types of anxiety disorders.
Anxiety and depression difference: People with a generalized Anxiety disorder (GAD) display excessive Anxiety or worry, most days for at least 6 months, about many things such as personal health, work, social interactions, and everyday routine life circumstances. Fear and Anxiety can cause significant problems in areas of their life, such as social interactions, school, and work.
What is Depression?
Depression (also known as Major Depressive Illness or Clinical Depression) is a common but significant mood disorder, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. It produces severe symptoms that interfere with your ability to function on a daily basis, including sleeping, eating, and working. The signs of depression must last for at least two weeks before a diagnosis may be made.
Depression treatment is required when depressive symptoms are chronic and do not go away since some types of depression are slightly different or may arise in unusual situations.
Types of Depression
- Persistent depressive disorder (also called dysthymia): is a depressed mood that lasts for at least two years. A person diagnosed with persistent depressive disorder may have episodes of major Depression along with periods of less severe symptoms, but symptoms must last for two years to be considered a persistent depressive disorder.
- Psychotic Depression: occurs when a person has severe depression plus some form of psychosis, such as having disturbing false fixed beliefs (delusions) or hearing or seeing upsetting things that others cannot hear or see (hallucinations). The psychotic symptoms typically have a depressive “theme,” such as delusions of guilt, poverty, or illness.
- Bipolar disorder: is different from Depression, but it is included in this list because someone with bipolar disorder experiences episodes of extremely low moods that meet the criteria for major Depression (called “Bipolar Depression”). But a person with bipolar disorder also experiences extreme high – euphoric or irritable – moods called “mania” or a less severe form called “hypomania.”
- Postpartum Depression: is much more serious than the “baby blues” (relatively mild depressive and anxiety symptoms that typically clear within two weeks after delivery) that many women experience after giving birth. Women with postpartum Depression experience full-blown major Depression during pregnancy or after delivery (postpartum depression). The feelings of extreme sadness, anxiety, and exhaustion that accompany postpartum depression may make it difficult for these new mothers to complete daily care activities for themselves and/or their babies.
- Seasonal affective disorder: is characterized by the onset of Depression during the winter months, when there is less natural sunlight. This Depression generally lifts during spring and summer. Winter Depression, typically accompanied by social withdrawal, increased sleep, and weight gain, predictably returns every year in seasonal affective disorder.
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Centers Near You?
Even if therapy failed previously, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about counseling alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE 24/7 Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Services Hotline
Anxiety Fact Sheet
A mental health condition marked by intense feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that interferes with daily activities. Panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder are a few examples of anxiety disorders.
The inability to put aside worry, restlessness and stress that is out of proportion to the severity of the incident are among the symptoms.
Counseling or medicine, including antidepressants, are used as forms of treatment.
- Behavioral: hypervigilance, irritability, or restlessness.
- Cognitive: lack of concentration, racing thoughts, or unwanted thoughts.
- Whole body: fatigue or sweating
- Also common: anxiety, excessive worry, angor animi, fear, insomnia, nausea, palpitations, or trembling
- Support group: A place where those pursuing the same disease or objective, such as weight loss or depression, can receive counseling and exchange experiences.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: A conversation treatment that aimed to change the negative attitudes, actions, and feelings connected to psychiatric discomfort.
- Counseling psychology: A subfield of psychology that handles issues with the self that are connected to work, school, family, and social life.
- Anger management: To reduce destructive emotional outbursts, practice mindfulness, coping skills, and trigger avoidance.
- Psychoeducation: Mental health education that also helps individuals feel supported, validated, and empowered
- Family therapy: psychological counseling that improves family communication and conflict resolution.
Anxiety and Depression Statistics
It’s critical to understand the distinction between anxiety and depression. Anxiety, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worry, whereas depression, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worthlessness and hopelessness. It is conceivable for someone to experience depression and anxiety simultaneously.
GAD affects 6.8 million adults or 3.1% of the U.S. population, yet only 43.2% are receiving treatment.
Source: National Institute on Mental Health
19 million adults experience specific phobias, making it the most common anxiety disorder in America.
Source: ADAA, 2020
Major depressive disorder affects approximately 17.3 million American adults or about 7.1% of the U.S. population aged 18 and older.
Source: National Institute of Mental Health
How Can Bible Verses For Depression Provide Relief and Calm?
It might occasionally feel overwhelming or daunting to seek treatment when you’re battling depression. After all, not every depressed person experiences the same symptoms.
Being open and honest about your mental health is frequently the first step to finding relief, whether you’re struggling with depression, a loss of interest in life, or changes in your sleep, appetite, or energy levels. Furthermore: Suffering from depression is not something to be embarrassed by. The National Institute of Mental Health estimates that 6.7% of adults have probably experienced depression at some point in their lives.
It’s crucial to understand that you’re not alone and that there are helpful, efficient resources available to treat depression, ranging from therapy to medication. Additionally, there are crisis hotlines that are accessible by phone, text, and chat that can direct you to resources.
In times of difficulty, you could naturally turn to the Bible if you identify as religious. Knowing that there are Bible verses that address depression may be useful if reading Bible verses for inspiration, searching for Bible verses concerning anxiety, or praying to help ease anxiety have previously been helpful to you.
These verses can be remembered, recited, or thought about in conjunction with professional mental health counseling. The most crucial thing is to always remember that God loves you just as you are, regardless of how you are feeling or what you are going through in life.
How To Pray When You’re Depressed? Depression Bible Verses
Even under the greatest circumstances, prayer can be challenging, but it can be especially challenging while feeling nervous or depressed. Most of us struggle to focus during these times, feel as though God is far away, and lose hope that He would listen to us or act on our behalf. Because of everything, praying is challenging and demoralizing.
How can we pray more easily and with greater encouragement during such gloomy and unsettling times? When you’re stressed or depressed, these five words will help you do your prayer when depressed:
- Short: One minute of sincere, focused prayer is preferable to fifteen minutes of scattered, aimless prayer.
- Frequently: To stay in touch with God throughout the day, try praying these little prayers. Consider using your phone to set an hourly timer.
- Simple: Pray to your loving father as you would a hurting child. Complex theological compositions are not necessary.
- Use the words God has given you in the Lord’s Prayer, the Psalms, or Paul’s petitions when you are at a loss for words.
- Together: When you are unable to pray for yourself, ask someone to join you in prayer. Maybe they can pray with you on the phone, and you can approach God’s throne of grace riding on their words.
30 Powerful Bible Verses for Depression and Hopelessness – Bible Verses For Anxiety And Depression
1. Bible Verse For Depression
The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
2. Depression Bible Verses
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.
3. Anxiety And Depression Bible Verses
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
4. Bible Verses On Depression
Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
End the Emotional Pain. Get Your Life Back.
Feeling Depressed, Anxious or Struggling with Mental Health Illness? Get Safe Comfortable Mental Health Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Therapy From Counselors That Care. Begin Your Recovery Now.Hotline (855) 940-6125
5. Bible Verse About Depression
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
6. Bible Verses To Help With Depression
Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
7. Bible Verse On Depression
“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
8. Bible Verses About Anxiety And Depression
This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
9. Bible Verses Depression
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
10. Depression In Bible Verse
He renews my strength. He guides me along the right paths, bringing honor to his name.
11. Bible Verse For Depression And Anxiety
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
12. Bible Verses For Depression And Anxiety
1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
13. Bible Verse Depression
1 Corinthians 13:13
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
14. Bible Verses For Depression And Hopelessness
1 Corinthians 13:7
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Mental Health Services & Behaviroal Health Substance Abuse TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Mental Health Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient Rehab Programs Vary.Mental Health Helpline (855) 940-6125
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Development Events
- Comfortable Onsite Medical Detox Center
15. Depressed Bible Verses
2 Corinthians 4:18
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
16. Bible Verses About Depression And Anxiety
2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me.
17. Bible Verses Depression And Anxiety
1 Corinthians 2:9
That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
18. Bible Verses To Help With Anger And Depression
The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
19. Best Bible Verses For Depression
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
20. Bible Verses About Loneliness And Depression
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
21. Bible Verses For Depression And Loneliness
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
22. Bible Verses For Depression And Suicidal Thoughts
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
23. Bible Verses For Those Suffering With Depression
1 Corinthians 1:3
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
24. Bible Verses To Read When You’re Depressed
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
25. Depression Bible Verse
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.
26. Depression Quotes Bible Verses
1 Corinthians 2:9
That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.
27. Bible Verses That Help With Depression
1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
28. Bible Verse To Help With Depression
1 Peter 5:6
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
29. Bible Verses For Depression And Addiction
1 Peter 5:9
Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.
30. Bible Verses For Loneliness And Depression
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Mental Health Dual Diagnosis Programs. Complete Integrated Inpatient Rehab with Free Post Discharge Therapy Planning.CALL (855) 940-6125
End the Emotional Pain Rollercoaster. Gain Stability & Happiness Through Recovery Treatment. Start Mental Health Counseling Today. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Behaviroal Health Specialists Who Understand Mental Health Recovery.
We Level Up Dual Diagnosis Treatment
The exact definition of dual diagnosis (also referred to as co-occurring disorders) can differ between institutions. However, it is generally described as the specific treatment of someone who has been diagnosed with a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder at the same time.
Treating dual-diagnosis clients is a critical aspect of our inpatient treatment experience because co-occurring disorders are strongly correlated with instances of substance abuse. Creating a treatment plan that addresses the physical aspects of withdrawal, the psychological connection with drug use, and managing underlying mental health disorders is part of setting clients up for success.
A thorough mental health analysis identifies possibilities for treatment. Meeting with mental health counselors and medical care providers means access to behavioral therapy and medication treatment.
At our dual diagnosis treatment center, We Level Up can implement the highest quality of care. We recognize the fragile complexities of how mental and substance abuse disorders can influence others and sometimes result in a vicious cycle of addiction. That’s why we offer specialized treatment in dual-diagnosis cases to provide the most excellent chance of true healing and long-lasting recovery.
It can be challenging to accept that you may be living with a mental illness, but once it is properly diagnosed and treated, treating the presenting case of substance abuse can be magnitudes easier. Only a properly trained medical professional can diagnose these underlying conditions. If you believe you are suffering from a disorder alongside addiction, we urge you to seek a qualified treatment center to begin your journey to recovery. Call We Level Up today.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to a behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
Search We Level Up Anxiety and Depression Resources
 National Institute of Mental Health – ‘Depression’ (www.nimh.nih.gov)
 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (www.fda.gov/)
 NIMH – https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/social-anxiety-disorder-more-than-just-shyness
 ‘Anxiety Disorders’ – National Institute Of Mental Health (Nimh.nih.gov)