By We Level Up FL Treatment Center | Editor Yamilla Francese | Clinically Reviewed By Lauren Barry, LMFT, MCAP, QS, Director of Quality Assurance | Editorial Policy | Research Policy | Last Updated: January 16, 2023
Inspirational Depression And Anxiety Quotes
Learning to deal with anxiety or fight depression takes daily effort, particularly if outside factors worsen your anxiety or depression (or both). However, with a slight change of perspective, these depression and anxiety quotes could quiet your mind or remind you that your feelings are valid but not permanent.
These depression and anxiety quotes can be used for yourself, shared on social media, sent to a friend, or used on a letterboard as a more permanent reminder that managing your thoughts can help manage your mood. So pick your favorites and keep them handy the next time you need a little mental boost.
Whether you suffer from depression or anxiety, it’s important to remember you’re not alone and that others feel your pain and care for you. However, it’s not always easy to express yourself and the moods you’re feeling. Sometimes, it’s refreshing to read a few words from others who are feeling similar to you. We rounded up to more than 40 quotes about depression and anxiety to make you feel not alone. So, the next time you’re looking for words to express yourself, this handy list of depression and anxiety quotes will be there for you.
Quotes About Anxiety To Lift Your Spirit
It’s amazing how much positive quotes about anxiety can make a difference in your outlook on life. Here are some more uplifting quotes about anxiety that are sure to help:
- “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Unknown
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Depression anxiety quotes can be a great source of comfort and strength when dealing with anxiety.
Celebrity Quotes About Anxiety
Here are a few quotes about anxiety that may be helpful:
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” – J.M. Power
- “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It’s perfectly OK to be scared. It doesn’t mean you are weak or that you can’t face your fear, it just means you are normal.” – Angelina Jolie
- “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It creates the failures. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.”-Anais Nin
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Rad
Popular Deep Depression Quotes. Uplifting Depression Sad Quotes.
Depression sad quotes can be an inspiring and helpful source of support during difficult times. They can remind us that others have gone through the same thing and come out of it. Additionally, they can provide us with some perspective that can help us stay grounded in reality even during our darkest days.
Here are some popular deep depression quotes that are perfect for anyone seeking comfort from feeling depressed:
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – Unknown
- “One small crack does not mean you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
- “Depression is like a war. You either win or die trying.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the struggle is part of the story.” – Unknown
- “It is not the end of the road but a detour to a new direction.” – Unknown
Read sad quotes about depression & feel better about your situation no matter what it is.
- “Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.” –Haruki Murakami
- “No one knows what the future holds, but that’s the beauty of life.
- “Depression is like a war you are trying to fight. You never know when you are going to win the battle.” –Unknown
- “When sadness fills your heart know that you can still choose joy.” – Unknown
- “Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.” – Unknown
- “No matter how difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the truth.
Inspiring Depressing Heartbroken Quotes
Here are some depressing heartbroken quotes to lift the spirit:
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” –Anonymous
- “When one door closes another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”- Alexander Graham Bell
- “It’s hard to be positive when you’re surrounded by negative thoughts and negative people.”–Anonymous
- “Each morning we are born again.
Reading heartbroken depression quotes can help mend the heart. A great heartbroken depression quote that can help:
- “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” –Hubert H.
If you need more support than our quotes about anxiety provide, know that you can always seek professional depression treatment help. Talk therapy with a trained counselor or psychotherapist, exercise, and support groups are available options. Antidepressants are also sometimes prescribed. All therapy should involve identifying stress factors and sources of support, and individuals should maintain social networks and activities.
Uplifting Depression and Quotes About Anxiety
Mental health has become an even more important topic today. Many of us recognize the signs and know to reach out for help. It’s never too late to start taking positive steps toward a healthier and happier life. Start with powerful depression and anxiety sayings to cheer you up.
- Inspirational Depression And Anxiety Quotes
- Quotes About Anxiety To Lift Your Spirit
- Celebrity Quotes About Anxiety
- Best Anxiety Quotes of All Time
- Living With Depression And Anxiety Quotes
- Anxiety Recovery Quotes
- Depression and Anxiety Quotes From Schizophrenia Patients
- Uplifting Depression And Anxiety Quotes
- Depressing Quotes About Depression
- Depressing Heartbroken Quotes
- Postpartum Depression Quotes
- Why does reading depressing motivational quotes matter?
- What are the benefits of reading positive quotes for depression, or depression inspiration quotes?
- What are the risks of reading depressing lonely quotes?
- What are the benefits of reading depressive quotes?
- Can funny depression quotes make you feel better?
- 7 of the Best Depressed Quotes of All Time
- Quotes About Anxiety and Depression
- What Depression Feels Like Quotes
- Positive Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
- Quotes About Depression and Anxiety
- Living With Anxiety and Depression Quotes
- What Are Some Depressed Quotes That Can Be Relatable?
- Don’t Feel Depressed Quotes
- Quotes on Anxiety and Depression
- Motivational Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
- Depression Alone Quotes & Depression Numb Quotes
- Getting Out of Depression Quotes & Quotes for Recovery From Depression
- Quote About Depression and Anxiety
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Centers Near You?
Even if therapy failed previously, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about counseling alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE 24/7 Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Services Hotline
Best Anxiety Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the best-anxiety quotes of all time. We hope you you enjoy our top quotes about anxiety.
- “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.” – Søren Kierkegaard
- “Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.” – Swedish Proverb
- “Anxiety is the handmaid of creativity.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Anxiety is fear of one’s own thoughts.” – Karl A. Menninger
- “You cannot control everything that happens to you; sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out.
- “Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back, they’re the people who are finding it hard to face you.” – Carly Simon
- “Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it the truth. Feed it with love.” – Unknown
- “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” – Arthur H. Appleton
- “Stress and anxiety are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
7 of the Best Depressed Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the best quotes about anxiety along with the best depressed quotes of all time:
- “Sometimes the darkness is the only place you can find your light.” – Jill O’Malley
- “You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Sometimes you need to take a step back and breathe. Then do whatever it takes to make the next step forward.” – Unknown
- “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
- “Sadness cannot be avoided, but it can be looked at with more clarity and bravery.” – Hugh Weldon
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Sometimes it’s better to be alone, nobody can hurt you that way
Quotes About Anxiety and Depression
When You’re Depressed Quotes
1. “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” — Dwayne Johnson
2. “You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Anxiety and Depression Quotes
3. “Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.” ― Stephen Fry
Quotes on Depression and Anxiety
4. “People who have never dealt with depression think it’s just being sad or being in a bad mood. That’s not what depression is for me; it’s falling into a state of grayness and numbness.” — Dan Reynolds
5. “I go through a lot of depression, and I know other people do, too, but I have an outlet that so many people don’t. If you have that inside of you and can’t get it out, what do you do?” – Billie Eilish
Depression and Anxiety Statistics
It’s critical to understand the distinction between anxiety and depression. Anxiety, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worry, whereas depression, in its most basic form, is an excessive feeling of worthlessness and hopelessness. It is conceivable for someone to experience depression and anxiety simultaneously.
General anxiety disorder affects 6.8 million adults in the U.S., yet only 43.2% receive treatment.
Source: National Institute on Mental Health
19 million adults experience specific phobias, making it the most common anxiety disorder in America.
Source: ADAA, 2020
Depression disorder affects approximately 17.3 million American adults in the U.S. population aged 18 and older.
Source: National Institute of Mental Health
Depression And Anxiety Disorders
Depression and anxiety frequently co-occur, especially in primary care settings. These co-occurrences manifest themselves in several ways and have different clinical courses. The scope and impact of depression and anxiety disorders worldwide are overwhelming.
The watershed Global Burden of Disease study found that major depression ranked fourth among all medical illnesses in terms of its disabling impact on the world population. The authors estimated that by the year 2020 and beyond, depression would be second only to ischemic heart disease. Anxiety disorders rank close behind major depression, contributing to additional disability.
Depression is a severe medical illness. It’s more than just feeling sad or “blue” for a few days. If you are one of the more than 19 million individuals in the United States who have depression, the feelings do not go away. They persist and interfere with your everyday life. Symptoms can include:
- Feeling sad or “empty”
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- Overeating, or not wanting to eat at all
- Not being able to sleep or sleeping too much
- Feeling very tired
- Feeling hopeless, irritable, anxious, or guilty
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems
- Thoughts of death or suicide
There are effective treatments for depression, including antidepressants, talk therapy, or both.
To be diagnosed with depression, your provider will ask about your medical history and symptoms. Your answers can help your provider diagnose depression and determine its severity.
Blood and urine tests may be done to rule out other medical conditions with symptoms similar to depression.
Anxiety is a feeling of fear, dread, and uneasiness. It might cause you to sweat, feel restless and tense, and have a rapid heartbeat. It can be a normal stress reaction. For example, you might feel anxious when faced with a complex problem at work, before taking a test, or before making an important decision. It can help you to cope. The anxiety may give you a boost of energy or help you focus. But for people with anxiety disorders, the fear is not temporary and can be overwhelming.
There are several types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). People with GAD worry about everyday health, money, work, and family issues. But their worries are excessive, and they have them almost every day for at least 6 months.
- Panic disorder. People with panic disorder have panic attacks. These are sudden, repeated periods of intense fear when there is no danger. The attacks come on quickly and can last several minutes or more.
- Phobias. People with phobias have an intense fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Their fear may be about spiders, flying, crowded places, or being in social situations (known as social anxiety). 
When to Contact a Medical Professional
See your provider if you or someone you know has symptoms of depression and anxiety disorders. It is especially important to seek help immediately if you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide.
You can also call 911 or the local emergency number or go to the hospital emergency room. DO NOT delay.
If someone you know has attempted suicide, call 911 or the local emergency number immediately. DO NOT leave the person alone, even after you have called for help.
End the Emotional Pain. Get Your Life Back.
Feeling Depressed, Anxious or Struggling with Mental Health Illness? Get Safe Comfortable Mental Health Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Therapy From Counselors That Care. Begin Your Recovery Now.Hotline (855) 940-6125
What Depression Feels Like Quotes
Positive Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
6. “A big part of depression is feeling lonely, even if you’re in a room full of a million people.” — Lilly Singh
7. “When all these people surround you, it can be lonelier than when you’re by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don’t feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you’re alone.” ― Fiona Apple
Quotes About Depression and Anxiety
Quotes about anxiety can help calm and soothe your day.
8. “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say, ‘My tooth is aching’ than to say, ‘My heart is broken.’ ― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
9. “Depression, for me, has been a couple of different things – but the first time I felt it, I felt helpless, hopeless, and things I had never felt before. I lost myself and my will to live.” — Ginger Zee
Living With Anxiety and Depression Quotes
Powerful quotes about anxiety and depression can motivate and support those living with anxiety and depression.
10. “That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible ever to see the end.” – Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
What Are Some Depressed Quotes That Can Be Relatable?
11. “I am bent, but not broken. I am scared but not disfigured. I am sad but not hopeless. I am tired but not powerless. I am angry but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.” — Anonymous
12. “I’ll never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time. Still does.”― Henry Rollins, The Portable Henry Rollins
Don’t Feel Depressed Quotes
13. “I have depression. But I prefer to say, ‘I battle’ depression instead of ‘I suffer with it. Because depression hits, but I hit back. Battle on.” — Anonymous
Quotes on Anxiety and Depression
Here are a few uplifting quotes about anxiety and depression:
14. “Depression is being colorblind and constantly told how colorful the world is.” — Atticus, Love Her Wild
15. “It is tough to explain to people who have never known serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. There is no off switch.” – Matt Haig
Motivational Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
Here are a few motivational quotes about anxiety and depression:
16. “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, ‘There now, hang on, you’ll get over it.’ Sadness is more or less like a head cold – with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.” ― Barbara Kingsolver, The Bean Trees
Depression Alone Quotes & Depression Numb Quotes
17. “Mental illness is so much more complicated than any pill that any mortal could invent.” – Elizabeth Wentzel
18. “Depression, suffering, and anger are all part of being human.” – Janet Fitch
Getting Out of Depression Quotes & Quotes for Recovery From Depression
19. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and often we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Quote About Depression and Anxiety
Take solace from quotes about anxiety and depression full of meaning and inspiration.
20. “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton, Mistral’s Kiss
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Mental Health Dual Diagnosis Programs. Complete Integrated Inpatient Rehab with Free Post Discharge Therapy Planning.CALL (855) 940-6125
End the Emotional Pain Rollercoaster. Gain Stability & Happiness Through Recovery Treatment. Start Mental Health Counseling Today. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Behaviroal Health Specialists Who Understand Mental Health Recovery.
Living With Depression And Anxiety Quotes
Encouraging Quotes For Depression and Anxiety Can Help Sooth Your Mood
Here are a few quotes about living with depression and anxiety. Quotes about anxiety help shed light on positive sayings to feel better:
21. “It’s not always easy to put on a brave face and act like everything is okay when you’re struggling with depression and anxiety. But it’s important to remember that you are not alone and that you are stronger than you think.”
22. “Depression and anxiety can be overwhelming and exhausting, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone and that there is help available. It’s okay to ask for help and to take time for yourself.”
23. “Living with depression and anxiety can be a daily battle, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone and that there is hope. You are strong and capable of overcoming your challenges.”
24. “Depression and anxiety can be isolating and overwhelming, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone and that there is support available. Reach out to friends, family, or a mental health professional for help.”
25. “It’s okay to not be okay all the time, especially when you’re living with depression and anxiety. It’s important to take care of yourself, seek help when you need it, and remember that things will get better.”
What is Anxiety? Mental Health Anxiety Quotes
Anxiety is a common emotion when dealing with daily stresses and problems (deep depression quotes on stress). But anxiety becomes a disorder when these persistent, excessive, and irrational emotions affect a person’s ability to function. Anxiety disorders include phobias, panic and stress conditions, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Quotes about anxiety can help turn the stresses of the disorder.
Depression and anxiety symptoms include: Apprehension, confusion, being on edge, a sense of helplessness, repeated negative thoughts, muscle tension, palpitations, and difficulty breathing.
Treatment and Help: Simple strategies, such as relaxation and regular exercise, effectively reduce anxiety and contribute to emotional well-being. Psychotherapy can help and is sometimes used together with medication to reduce and eliminate signs and symptoms.
Depression and Anxiety Quotes To Feel Better
Quotes about anxiety and depression can help pivot your mindset to upbeat thoughts. Find more motivational quotes for depression and anxiety below.
26. “I couldn’t be with people and I didn’t want to be alone. Suddenly my perspective whooshed and I was far out in space, watching the world. I could see millions and millions of people, all slotted into their lives; then I could see me—I’d lost my place in the universe. It had closed up and there was nowhere for me to be. I was more lost than I had known it was possible for any human being to be.” ― Marian Keyes, Anybody Out There?
27. “I didn’t want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn’t know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I’d cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full.” ― Sylvia Plath
Don’t Get Depressed Quotes Depression and Anxiety Quotes
Use quotes about anxiety and depression to grow out of your day’s doldrums and feel encouraged.
28. “Depression presents itself as a realism regarding the rottenness of the world in general and the rottenness of your life in particular. But realism is merely a mask for depression’s actual essence, which is an overwhelming estrangement from humanity. The more persuaded you are of your unique access to the rottenness, the more afraid you become of engaging with the world; and the less you engage with the world, the more perfidiously happy-faced the rest of humanity seems for continuing to engage with it.”― Jonathan Franzen, How to Be Alone.
29. “When people don’t know exactly what depression is, they can be judgmental.” – Marion Cotillard
30. “It is important not to suppress your feelings when you are depressed. It is equally important to avoid terrible arguments or expressions of outrage. You should steer clear of emotionally damaging behavior. People forgive, but it is best not to stir things up to the point when forgiveness is required. When you are depressed, you need other people’s love, yet depression fosters actions that destroy that love. Depressed people often stick pins into their life rafts. The conscious mind can intervene. One is not helpless.”― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression.
Depression and Anxiety Symptoms Quotes
Let quotes about anxiety and depression symptoms raise your spirits.
31. “Depression on my left. Loneliness on my right. They don’t need to show me their badges. I know these guys very well.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
32. “Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.” ― Jasmine Warga, My Heart, and Other Black Holes.
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: What To Say To Someone Who Is Depressed Quotes.
Find quotes about anxiety to help someone feel better.
33. “Sometimes I just think depression’s one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, and some people get depressed. Because there’s so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it.” ― Ned Vizzini
34. “Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you don’t believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave; be strong; take your pills. Exercise because it’s good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when the food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.” ― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression.
Purposeful Depression and Anxiety Quotes
Purposeful quotes about anxiety and depression can help you find balance and peace.
35. “That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful.” ― Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
36. “It’s not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, inability to join in, physical shame, and self-loathing are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them, I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.” ― Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot.
Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
Effective quotes about anxiety and depression can allow you to feel in control of your day.
37. “When you’re depressed you don’t control your thoughts, your thoughts control you. I wish people understood that.” — Anonymous
38. “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realize what you lost is yourself.” — Anonymous
Having Depression and Anxiety Quotes
Reading quotes about anxiety while having depression symptoms can alleviate the stress you are feeling.
39. “People think depression is sadness. People think depression is crying. People think depression is dressing in black. But people are wrong. Depression is the constant feeling of being numb. Being numb to emotions, being numb to life. You wake up in the morning just to go to bed again.” — Anonymous
40. “Every day is a second chance.” — Anonymous
Inspirational Quotes for Depression and Anxiety
Noteworthy quotes about anxiety and depression sayings are great ways to find mindfulness.
41. “I need one of those long hugs where you kinda forget whatever else is happening around you for a minute.” — Marilyn Monroe
42. “You’re not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness.” — Anonymous
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: Quotes About Anxiety Disorder
43. “I don’t want to do anything. I don’t even want to start this day because then I’ll just be expected to finish it.” ― Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
Quotes Depression and Anxiety
Quotes about anxiety and depression are a great medium for inner peace.
44. “Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It’s the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It’s wanting friends, but hate socializing. It’s wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It’s feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.” — Anonymous
45. “If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression is, like the weather.” — Stephen Fry.
Anxiety Recovery Quotes
Immersing in quotes about anxiety recovery is a wonderful way to find harmony.
46. “Worrying carries tomorrow’s load with today’s strength — two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” — Corrie ten Boom.
47. “Chronic anxiety is a state more undesirable than any other, and we will try almost any maneuver to eliminate it. Modern man is living in anxious anticipation of destruction. Such anxiety can be easily eliminated by self-destruction. As a German saying puts it: ‘Better an end with terror than a terror without end.” — Robert E. Neale, “The Art of Dying.”
Quotes for Anxiety and Depression
48. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest taken between two deep breaths.” — Etty Hillesum
49. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” — Kahlil Gibran.
50. “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” — Marcus Aurelius
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: Anxiety Battle Quotes
51. “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” — Benjamin Franklin.
52. “Don’t assume I’m weak because I have panic attacks. You’ll never know the amount of strength it takes to face the world every day.” — Unknown
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: Anxiety Quotes to Feel Better
53. “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety doesn’t make them less valid.” — Lauren Elizabeth
54. “Worrying about outcomes over which I have no control is punishing myself before the universe has decided whether I ought to be punished.” — Sherry Thomas
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: Anxiety Quotes for Relationship
55. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” — Deepak Chopra
56. “He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears.” — Michel de Montaigne
Depression and Anxiety Quotes From Schizophrenia Patients
57. “I needed to put two critical ideas together: that I could both be mentally ill and lead a rich and satisfying life.” — Elyn R. Saks, “The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness.”
58. “If you are a person with mental illness, the challenge is finding the life right for you. But isn’t that the challenge for all of us, mentally ill or not? My good fortune is not that I’ve recovered from mental illness. I have not, nor will I ever. My good fortune lies in finding my life.” — Elyn R. Saks, “The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness.”
Depression and Anxiety Quotes: Recovery in Depression and Anxiety Quotes
59. “Stigma against mental illness is a scourge with many faces, and the medical community wears a number of those faces.” — Elyn R. Saks, “The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness.”
60. “If you are walking on a path thick with brambles and rocks, a path that abruptly twists and turns, it’s easy to get lost, or tired, or discouraged. You might be tempted to give up entirely. But if a kind and patient person comes along and takes your hand, saying, ‘I see you’re having a hard time — here, follow me, I’ll help you find your way,’ the path becomes manageable, the journey less frightening.” — Elyn R. Saks, “The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness.”
Anxiety & Trauma Triggers Quotes
61. “Triggers are like little psychic explosions that crash through avoidance and bring the dissociated, avoided trauma suddenly, unexpectedly, back into consciousness.” ― Carolyn Spring
62. “You have to understand that PTSD has to be an event that you experience, a very traumatic event. And actually, there is evidence that brain chemistry changes during this event in certain individuals where it’s imprinted indelibly forever and there’s an emotion associated with this which triggers the condition.” – Dale Archer
63. “I believe our emotional traumas create triggers. Those triggers are actually a form of PTSD.” – Suzanne Wagner
64. “Just when you think you’re in a good place, one small trigger sends you spiraling down again.” – Unknown
65. “Triggers can happen when you least expect them. When you think all the emotional wounds are healed something can happen that reminds you there is still a scar.” – Alexandra Eva May
66. “If someone else’s reaction seems out of proportion to the situation, it usually means that something else was triggered.” – Dr. Lauren Fogel
67. “The body remembers. Stuffed until an event, a sound, a sight, a touch, a word, or a person awakens them” – Unknown
68. “If storing memories is like putting away groceries, a traumatic event is stored by shoving a bunch of stuff in a cabinet, and then any time it gets opened all the stuff falls on your head.” – Unknown
69. “If the wounds on her heart and the bruises on her soul were translated on her skin, you wouldn’t recognize her at all.” – Verona Q
70. “A trigger is a connection between the conscious mind and a buried painful memory.” – Unknown
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to a behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
Uplifting Depression And Anxiety Quotes
Here are a few uplifting quotes about depression and anxiety:
71. “It’s okay to feel overwhelmed and to need a break. Remember to be kind to yourself and to take things one day at a time.” – Unknown
72. “You are not alone. You are not your illness. You have worth and you have the right to be treated with dignity.” – Unknown
73. “It’s not about getting rid of all your problems, it’s about learning how to cope with them in a healthy way.” – Unknown
74. “It’s okay to feel scared, anxious, or depressed. These are all normal human emotions. The important thing is to not let them control you.” – Unknown
75. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
76. “You are stronger than you know, and your struggles have made you the resilient person you are today.” – Unknown
77. “You are not your thoughts. You are not your anxiety. You are not your depression. You are not your past. You are not your circumstances. You are not your struggles. You are not your mistakes. You are not your insecurities. You are not your fears. You are not your limitations. You are not your setbacks. You are not your failures. You are not your flaws. You are not your imperfections. You are not your weaknesses. You are not your shortcomings. You are not your problem. You are not your issues. You are not your turmoil.
Depressing Quotes About Depression
Depressing quotes or sad depressing quotes are not here to make you depressed. Depression sad quotes have another way to show you things about life, love, and death. Depression is an illness that can be quite hard to see. Here are some “depression heartbroken quotes” that can give you advice and hint as to what you should look for.
78. “The difference between you and me is that when you wake up, your nightmare ends.”
79. “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.”
80. “It is always darkest before it becomes completely black!.”
81. “You’re just another picture to burn.”
82. “Son, your life’s an open book, don’t close it before it’s done.”
83. “Leaning against my father, the sadness finally broke open inside me, hollowing out my heart and leaving me bleeding. My feet felt rooted in the dirt. There were more than two bodies buried here. Pieces of me that I didn’t even know were under the ground. Pieces of dad, too.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson
84. “Trust is like a paper. Once it’s crumbled, it can never be perfect again.”
85. “The world’s a roller coaster and I am not strapped in.”
86. “The only thing standing between me and total happiness is reality.”
87. “People don’t get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there’s nothing any of us can do about it.”
88. “It’s always worse than it seems.”
Depressing Heartbroken Quotes
Depression can be caused by heartbreak. As depressive symptoms can vary in intensity, it is challenging to identify if what you are experiencing is a normal response to heartbreak or if it is indicative of depression. A relationship coming to an end could evoke unpleasant emotions as it is a significant part of our lives.
But although you feel depressed, sad, and alone, you’re allowed to wallow and grieve. Take some time to miss that person, cry over some heartbroken depression quotes, and watch a sad movie while downing your favorite junk food if you need to. When you’re feeling up to it, talk things through with a trusted friend or family member. Sometimes a few depressing love quotes can actually make you feel better, because they give you a release.
89. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey
90. Tears come from the heart and not from the brain. – Leonardo da Vinci
91. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” – Miguel de Unamuno
92. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” ― Faraaz Kazi
93. “If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.” – Thomas Otway
Postpartum Depression Quotes
Postpartum Depression affects approximately 10 to 15% of women. Becoming a new mom is a joyful time. But sometimes, it can be upsetting and confusing. 40-80% of new mothers experience baby blues – an emotional state filled with tears, unhappiness, worry, self-doubt, and fatigue.
If you are struggling with postpartum depression, there is hope. Check out the following words of wisdom for some inspiration. You’re not alone and you are worthy of feeling happiness, relief, and the joys of motherhood.
94. “The very damaging, frightening part of postpartum is the lack of perspective and the lack of priority and understanding what is really important.” –Brooke Shields
95. “Grief is depression in proportion to circumstance; depression is grief out of proportion to circumstance.” –Andrew Solomon
96. “Courage allows the successful woman to fail – and to learn powerful lessons from the failure – so that in the end, she didn’t fail at all.” –Maya Angelou
97. “Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
98. “Motherhood changed me because it is so fundamental what you’re doing for another person. And you are able to do it even though it takes a lot.” -Meg Ryan
99. “What the mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin.” Henry Ward Beecher
Depression and Anxiety Treatment
If you have an anxiety disorder, you may also be depressed. While anxiety and depression can occur separately, it’s not unusual for these mental health disorders to happen together. Anxiety can be a symptom of clinical or major depression. Likewise, worsening symptoms of depression can be triggered by an anxiety disorder.
Symptoms of both conditions can be managed with many of the same mental health treatments, such as psychotherapy (counseling), medications, and lifestyle changes.
The We Level Up FL primary mental health center stands ready to help. We Level Up FL can inspire a support system through our mental health treatments to make you feel valuable. You can trust the treatment backed by leading recovery specialists practicing evidence-based therapy. We Level Up FL treatment center offers therapy under one roof. Get comprehensive therapy for mind, body, and spirit.
Call us now for a free mental health assessment! In addition, for the substance abuse or dual diagnosis approach, our inpatient treatment, inpatient medical detox, and residential primary addiction treatment may be available at our affiliated facility.
Your call is private and confidential, and there is never any obligation.
Battling Depression and Anxiety Quote
10 Most Depression and Anxiety Frequently Asked Questions
How to deal with anxiety and depression?
No one has to suffer from an anxiety disorder or depression, and indeed not both. People with anxiety disorder should speak with a psychiatrist, therapist, or other healthcare professional about their symptoms and start treatment as soon as possible.
What causes depression and anxiety?
Experiencing traumatic or stressful events, such as physical or sexual abuse, the death of a loved one, or financial problems. Going through a significant life change, even if it was planned. A medical problem, such as cancer, stroke, or chronic pain.
Can I get disability for depression and anxiety?
If you cannot work due to symptoms of anxiety and depression, it may be possible to secure social security disability benefits.
How to get FMLA for depression and anxiety?
FMLA stands for The Family and Medical Leave Act. This law allows employees who need to care for themselves or a family member 12 weeks of unpaid leave from work. The process of getting FMLA is relatively simple. In most cases, you must make your employer aware that you have a qualifying situation. Your human resources department will walk you through any paperwork or procedures they require for a formal request.
How to sleep with anxiety and depression?
Sleep usually improves when an anxiety disorder or depression is treated. Practicing good “sleep hygiene” helps, too. Strategies include listening to relaxing music, reading a book, taking a hot bath, meditating, deep breathing, and visualization before sleep.
Why does reading depressing motivational quotes matter?
Reading is one of the best productive habits one could possess. It has a huge positive impact on our lives as we get to learn more things, and think effectively and it helps to enhance our knowledge. It broadens our minds with facts and informational pieces.
What are the benefits of reading positive quotes for depression, or depression inspiration quotes?
Reading quotes about depression pain sad quotes. Short depression quotes, particularly overcoming depression quotes can help you realize that others can relate to the way you feel… and they may even help brighten things up a bit. Reading “Depression is real quotes” makes you realize that others are experiencing the same pain.
What are the risks of reading depressing lonely quotes?
Adverse reactions to reading matter — fear, obsession, guilt — may be amplified, and readers may become more susceptible to emulating negative behaviors from reading lonely depressed quotes or painful depression quotes.
What are the benefits of reading depressive quotes?
Depression is a mental health condition that affects more people than most think. Having a better understanding of what depression is and how it impacts people will make it easier to help your loved ones. Fighting depression quotes can provide insight into what it’s like living with depression as well as inspiration and a feeling of “someone gets it.”
Can funny depression quotes make you feel better?
Some days, depression can make it hard to just get out of bed in the morning. It is a constant struggle to be consistently sad, and sometimes it can be hard to go out with friends or family because it feels like putting on a face to hide your depression. Depressing quotes short or funny may help you may laugh your way through difficult or uncomfortable situations.
Search We Level Up FL Depression and Anxiety Quotes & Mental Health Topics
 National Institute of Mental Health – ‘Depression’ (www.nimh.nih.gov) Depression and Anxiety Quotes.
 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (www.fda.gov/) Depression and Anxiety Quotes
 Depression Treatment » Drug Alcohol Addiction Rehab Depression and Anxiety Quotes for treatment
 Bandelow B, Michaelis S, Wedekind D. Treatment of anxiety disorders. Depression and Anxiety Quotes/ Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2017 Jun;19(2):93-107. doi: 10.31887/DCNS.2017.19.2/bbandelow. PMID: 28867934; PMCID: PMC5573566. Depression and Anxiety Quotes.
 NIMH – https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/social-anxiety-disorder-more-than-just-shyness. Reasons for Depression and Anxiety Quotes.
 Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors – National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Depression and Anxiety Quotes for the brain.
 ‘Anxiety Disorders’ – National Institute Of Mental Health (Nimh.nih.gov). Depression and Anxiety Quotes explained.
 Psychopharmacology of anxiety disorders – National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Depression and Anxiety Quotes.
 Products – Data Briefs – Number 379 – September 2020 (cdc.gov) Depression – National Institute of Mental Health. Depression and Anxiety Quotes purpose.
 Coping with Stress/ Depression and Anxiety Quotes – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Coping through Depression and Anxiety Quotes.